FLOURLESS ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES
This super simple, five ingredient recipe makes a delicious, chewy almond butter cookie that is great as a snack or dessert! Almond butter is loaded with healthy fats and proteins that are important to a healthy diet. Although these cookies are a "treat," they do hold plenty of nutritional value!
3/4 cup BTOF Organic Roasted Almond Butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 tsp salt (additional coarse salt for sprinkling on cookies)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and egg until smooth.
3. Whisk in the vanilla extract, then the almond butter until smooth and completely incorporated. *It will start to pull away from the sides, and come to a free form glob that holds its shape!
4. Put the bowl of dough in the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden, covering with a light cloth. Make sure the dough is in a ball!
5. Remove dough and scoop mini balls onto cookie sheet.
6. Sprinkle the dough balls lightly with coarse sea salt just before baking.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes on middle rack, until lightly browned on the edges and glossy on top.
8. Remove from oven and let sit on the sheet for a couple minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
9. Let them mostly cool before eating so you can enjoy the different textures!
10. Store leftovers in covered container.
Photos & recipe from Heartbeet Kitchen.