CHEWY ALMOND BARS
Want a snack that's not too hard to make, tastes delicious and is healthy? We have the perfect answer for you! Try out this recipe and let us know what you think!
(makes 2 dozen)
1/4 cup unsalted butter (or Earth Balance), softened
3/4 cup BTOF organic almond butter
2 large eggs, try using organic/free range
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup BTOF Organic Almond Meal, we used our blanched almond meal for a creamier taste
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup BTOF Organic Roasted Diced Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Put softened butter and almond butter into a food processor and blend until creamy and fully mixed.
4. One at a time add in the eggs, then the brown sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and mix in blender until well blended.
5. You may have to mix it with a spoon every so often, since the almond butter can be quite sticky.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk together almond meal, baking powder and salt.
7. Pour wet ingredients from food processor into a bowl and then slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
8. Pour mixture into the greased baking pan.
9. Sprinkle the diced almonds on top of mixture and use your fingers to gently press them in.
10. Bake for 23-25 minutes, depending on how crunchy you would like the bars. (We baked for about 22 minutes and the bars were very moist and yummy.)
11. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
12. Enjoy for breakfast or as a healthy snack!